Sunday, November 23, 2008

How Long Has The Journey Been?

To piggy back off my last post, I want to talk about the journey to publication. It has it's many ups and downs. It's kind of like manic depression. The highs are really high and the lows are really low. There have been many times when I just want to call it quits. Days where I just don't see the point of writing anymore. Days when it's no longer worth the heartache.

And, of course, there are the Snoopy Dance days. I've only been writing four years. I've had two books published and there is no guarantee I'll ever be published again. My journey is just beginning. I still have loads to learn. Most days I accept the challenges that are ahead. I think that's what keeps me coming back to this crazy business--I still have many more mountains to climb.

Not to be sappy, just pointing out my journey hasn't been long, but has actually made me a better person. My journey hasn't been like anyone else's, but it's very similar to many.

What has your journey been like? What are your hopes for it's outcome?

No comments: