Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Worse Nightmare...

Is never selling again. I know how trite. But when I think of never holding another one of my books again...I break out in hives. I can deal with lulls. Those times just makes my writing stronger. So, I think B.S. when someone comes along and says, "I'll keep writing for myself even if I never published."

I've said the same exact words, but deep down, on the inside I'm thinking, "Pfft. It's never going to be an issue for me 'cause I'm going to get/stay published." Yup, I admit ego-maniac voice inside my head crops up every time I get a rejection. Every time I get a sucky review.

It's the only way to stay sane in this business. Either lie to yourself when you need it or get friends who can do the same. Honesty is great, but some days you need that white lie to get your through the next day. Because you never know that might be the day you get the call.

So tell me, what is your worse nightmare?

2 comments:

MJFredrick said...

I'm getting to that point, having not heard from my editor in a month....but I don't name my very worst fear.

Hope you get some good news soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh man. My worst nightmare? Being a complete "meh" writer. Having people ask "Who?" when talking about me.
Obscurity.